U11 ISA London South Football Tournament – Friday 17th November

On Friday 18th of November Oakhyrst Grange Schools Football team had a 5 A-side football tournament. The team was Matthew C (GK), Luke S, Declan B, Harry P, Tom P Sam G and myself. We were against The Whitehouse first and we got off to a great start with Harry getting us into the lead. The match was dominated by our opponents but with Matthew making some great saves we won the match 1-0.

We were playing another game straight after our last victory. This time we were against St. Faiths. We dominated but we just couldn’t get a goal. The end score was a 0-0 draw. Next we were against the hosts Rosemead. We were by far the better side in this match with Declan smashing the ball into the back of the net. Declan kept testing the keeper and at last his second came although it came off the post then onto the keeper’s head then into the net. The end score was 2-0 to us.

We were now facing LCS. This was our last match before we had a break and we were hoping to win this won just like the last. We were now getting quite tired but still went into the match very strong. Although we went 1-0 down we fought back hard with Sam getting our first and Harry stuck a leg out from a wild ball gliding out for a goal kick but because he stuck his leg out it ended up in the back of the net. We kept on pushing for a third but it would not come. The end score was 2-1 to us. After our four matches we had a one match break. Next to face us were Elmhurst who were a good side and we broke through with harry scoring a volley. The score was 1-0 at the end. We then had Westward who had won every match so far; so we were hoping to be the ones to stop them carrying on with their impressive run of wins. The match begun with our opponents with most of the possession although we were hoping to catch them on the counter attack. Matthew was great in goal but the Westward attackers did do their job. Westward scored two goals but we couldn’t get any back because the time had run out. Our last match was against St. David’s. They had a good side and both sides couldn’t break through. The end score was a 0-0 draw. We then had to see if we got through to the Nationals in Leicestershire on the 24th of March. We missed out on a spot to the nationals by two points. We needed to get fourteen points but we got twelve.

I would like to thank the parents for all their support and Miss Dance and Mr Gear for coaching and taking us on the long drive.

By Sebastian P Yr 6

U11 Football Captain