(Parents & Friends of Oakhyrst Grange – PFOG)
PFOG is a school organisation made up from parents of the school community.
PFOG aims to:
- Raise money for the school and for the children
- Provide a social outlet for the school community
- Involve parents in school activities
- Enhance the school’s facilities
- Enrich our children’s experiences of school life
- Provide opportunities for good fun!
As a team, PFOG wants to:
- Raise as much money as possible and practical
- Offer a wide range of activities and experiences that appeal to all
- Work towards fundraising for items or experiences that meet our key objectives of enrichment and enhancement
- Support and promote the school’s values
- Communicate our objectives and achievements to all parents
Over the past few years PFOG funds have provided a new school Mini Bus and IT equipment, including PCs and interactive whiteboards.
PFOG also organises Enrichment Days, including author visits circus skills and science related events aimed at involving the whole school.
We organise and run:
- Discos, Mufti Days and Ice Cream events
- Race Nights, Quiz Nights, Camping, Treasure Hunts and Cake Bakes
- Spring Ball, Summer Fayre and Christmas Raffle
- Christmas Decorations, Christmas Party and the Easter Egg Hunt
Form Mums co-ordinate activities for the benefit of their Class and act as a link between the Class teacher, PFOG and the parents in their Class. Volunteers are sought on an annual basis.