(Parents & Friends of Oakhyrst Grange – PFOG)
PFOG is a school organisation made up from parents of the school community.
PFOG aims to:
- Raise money for the school and for the children
- Provide a social outlet for the school community
- Involve parents in school activities
- Enhance the school’s facilities
- Enrich our children’s experiences of school life
- Provide opportunities for good fun!
As a team, PFOG wants to:
- Raise as much money as possible and practical
- Offer a wide range of activities and experiences that appeal to all
- Work towards fundraising for items or experiences that meet our key objectives of enrichment and enhancement
- Support and promote the school’s values
- Communicate our objectives and achievements to all parents
Over the past few years PFOG funds have provided a wonderful tree house with rope bridge, situated in our woodlands , a school Mini Bus and IT equipment.
PFOG also organises Enrichment Days, including author visits circus skills and science related events aimed at involving the whole school.
We organise and run:
- Discos, Mufti Days and Ice Cream events
- Race Nights, Quiz Nights, Camping, Treasure Hunts and Cake Bakes
- Spring Ball, Summer Fayre and Christmas Raffle
- Christmas Decorations, Christmas Party and the Easter Egg Hunt
Form Mums co-ordinate activities for the benefit of their Class and act as a link between the Class teacher, PFOG and the parents in their Class. Volunteers are sought on an annual basis.